Late last night, I read the post that I wrote about the day that we got their referral. It was still as fresh in my memory as yesterday. It was so unexpected. It was so life-changing. We saw the pictures of these precious little faces, but we didn't know the people behind those faces at all. We knew that somehow we loved them. We knew that from that moment on, they would be a part of our lives...forever. Only God can do something like that. Take strangers from across the world and put them together to make a family. Blood really does not make a family...Love Does.
Those faces are no longer strangers to us. They are a very precious, very loved, very integral part of our family.
I read back over the blog entries that documented our journey to this point. And I worshipped God. I was reminded again how HE worked out every detail, provided for every need, moved every mountain in our path. It is so good to remember. My faith is encouraged and renewed by remembering His mighty acts.
If this is what can happen in a year's time - I can't wait to see where our family is at this point next year!
Our God sets the lonely in families!
It is good to remember. It is good to tell the stories of God's provision. It is good to make sure our children know the awesome deeds of the Lord. In the day to day of our lives, it so easy to forget the miracles that God performs on our behalf, on behalf of His children from ages past and even to today. Today, our family is remembering and praising His name!
Joshua 4:6-7
"Let this be a sign among you, so that when your children ask later, saying, 'What do these stones mean to you?' then you shall say to them, 'Because the waters of the Jordan were cut off before the ark of the covenant of the Lord; when it crossed the Jordan, the waters of the Jordan were cut off.' So these stones shall become a memorial to the sons of Israel forever."
Happy one year referral-versary!!! I can't believe it's been a YEAR!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written testimony of God's plan and faithfulness. It's amazing just to see in pictures the changes in your boys over the past year. I'm sure it's even more amazing to behold the changes on their insides. Thanks for sharing your heart and the Hope that you've clung to!
ReplyDeleteWhat a special day! I recently found your blog, and have loved reading through your journey.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely wonderful to see the changes and reflect! How AWESOME IS OUR GOD? :)
ReplyDeleteYou have a beautiful family. Thanks for your comment and for praying for us!
ReplyDeleteSo true...so good to remember the spiritual, emotional, and physical provisions of God. I was just thinking about this earlier today while snuggling with C. How grateful I am to witness these things in our very own home. :)
ReplyDelete